pemills
Topic Author

Unable to update my Uhans A101 with the latest OTA update

17 Nov 2016, 20:01

I've been trying to update my A101 for a couple of weeks since the phone showed a message saying that there was a new system update but every time I attempt the update all I get is an error message displayed and then the phone hangs until I turn it off and back on again, fortunately it does restart OK but as the update is an important update I would really like to get it installed, anyone else seen this issue or better still been able to overcome the problem.

megthebest

Re: Unable to update my Uhans A101 with the latest OTA update

18 Nov 2016, 07:48

could you add a screenshot of the Ota proposed?
have you tried to do a factory reset and after try to download and apply Ota?

vlad

19 Nov 2016, 11:20

I also can't update tried 5 times, the system writes an error .Tried to reset to factory settings all to no avail

vlad

19 Nov 2016, 11:20

I also can't update tried 5 times, the system writes an error .Tried to reset to factory settings all to no avail

vlad

19 Nov 2016, 11:22

megthebest wrote:

vlad

19 Nov 2016, 11:22

megthebest wrote:

pemills
Topic Author

26 Nov 2016, 01:06

I have attached a screenshot of the system update that the phone advised that was ready to download and install but whenever I try to install it all I get is a write error message, I suspect that this update will fix some of the issues that I have been having but resetting the phone to factory settings is not something that I really want to do so any suggestions on how I can install this update without having to reset would be greatly appreciated.

I can also inform that the link shown on the screenshot to report any issues found with this system updateis not an option as it is in Chinese only with no option for translation so is pretty much useless to non Chinese speakers.
Attachments
Uhans A101 system update.png
Uhans A101 system update.png (97.33 KiB) Viewed 342 times

Akmal02

27 Dec 2016, 02:17

Are you using your SD card as internal storage? This might be cause of the update failure... You might want to pull out your SD card or reformat it as portable, and you will lose your apps/data...

pemills
Topic Author

20 Mar 2017, 00:35

Yes I am using sd card as internal memory as the phone has such a small amount of internal memory to begin with, I must say that I object to having to remove the sd card just to install a system update, surely the manufacturers and or Uhans must realise that to produce an update, of any kind, that requires having to lose all the data, apps etc on the extended memory of the sd card is absolutely ridiculous. I do appreciate your reply and input tho but someone must see sense that to have to resort to resetting the phone or losing all the data is nonsensical, what planet are they living on